Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Big Move!

So two weekends ago we made the big move to our new apartment. We love it! Mike was a trooper and did so much of the moving himself on Friday. Then my parents came down and were a huge help with moving and playing with Marisol on Saturday and Sunday. All the pictures are courtesy of my mom because I was way too busy to bust out our camera. You can see that we made lots of progress just that weekend though! And now a week and a half later we are pretty much settled. There are still things to do but it already feels like home.

Here are some pictures of the general chaos that occurs when you move things into a new place.


Here are some by the end of the weekend:



And HERE is our (well our landlord's technically, but still we get to use it whenever we want!) nice backyard, with patio and grill



If you go to the back of our yard there is a gate that leads to a place where a trolley used to run. Then there are woods behind that. If you walk about 5 houses down you are in the parking lot of a great playground - so we practically have a playground in our backyard now! While my parents were here we also discovered some really amazing artwork on a path in the forest --there are wind chimes and huge mobiles made from everyday things... lots of mirrors... here is a picture - it is pretty amazing. I found out later that it is my neighbor just 2 houses down that makes them.





And fun at the playground with grandpa:



Getting really adventurous!



Marisol's favorite! The swing!


Grandpa pushes me HIGH! And I love it!

No comments: